donate now  Your contributions play a critical role in our success!

While 55% of the Kate’s income comes from ticket sales,  the other crucial 45% comes from donations from supporters just like you. Whether you’re a resident of the local community, an ardent fan of Katharine Hepburn, or a current member, business member, or sponsor of the Kate, we still need your help!  By making a donation, you enable the Kate to continue offering a wonderful variety of high-quality performances and events for children and adults  in the spirit of Katharine Hepburn herself.

Please join us in support of our Annual Fund Campaign this year!

donate now

 

Friends,

Please join us in support of our Annual Fund Campaign this year!  The spirit of Katharine Hepburn lives on through her artistic works, those who adore her, and this one-of-a-kind community cultural arts center that serves as an artistic home to all who walk through its doors.  We so appreciate the people like you who embrace this organization as a critical resource and take action to ensure its future.

The Kate is a true cultural gift, joining together imaginative partners and collaborators to provide enriching programming and opportunities for our community.   This year in particular, we have seen our programming mature through existing relationships with Community Music School, The Florence Griswold Museum, The Saybrook Stage Company, The Old Saybrook School System, Eastern Connecticut Ballet, Salt Marsh Opera, Chestnut Hill Concert Series, Connecticut Public Broadcast Network, and more.  We have also been fortunate to grow our offerings and events through new relationships with The Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts, the Exchange Club of Old Saybrook and Westbrook, The University of Hartford, and Vista Life Innovations.

A wonderful example of the benefit of cross collaboration is showcased by our relationship with Vista Life Innovations, an organization that empowers people with disabilities throughout various life stages.  With Vista, the Kate has the ability to bring accessible performances to those of all ages who may not otherwise have the opportunity to participate in and enjoy the arts.  Supporting Vista’s work through the “Pirates of Penzance,” united the Kate, the community, and Vista members together to bring about a dynamic production for a broad audience to enjoy.  Hand-in-hand, the actors, technical staff, and other participants learned, solved problems, created, laughed, and were successful with three near sell-out performances!

The Kate is a key community hub allowing creativity and inspiration to grow, from children’s camps and performances, to art films, to MET Opera and Bolshoi Ballet simulcasts.  To provide the programming and impact in the community that we do as a cultural non-profit, we continue to need your support and engagement.

Your gift at this time to our Annual Fund Campaign helps shape the community that we live in by making it brighter and more imaginative. Please send your Annual Fund gift today in support of all the Kate offers.  As a reminder, your contribution to the Kate, a 501(c)(3), tax exempt organization, is tax deductible in accordance with applicable law.  Also, be sure not to confuse this with your Membership with the Kate!  We thank you!

Sincerely,

Brett Elliott                                                             Dana Foster
Executive Director                                                     Director of Development& External Relations

donate now

 

the-kate-infographic

donate now

How else can you support the Kate?

become a member become a business member become a sponsor join the golden pond society